Mosby Woods offers it’s members several options for learning to swim and improving swimming technique.
We offer swim lessons for both children and adults. Participants must be a paid member of the pool.
Small group lessons are offered through our pool management company, NV Pools. A minimum of 4 students are needed in order for group lessons to occur. If less than 4 students register for a session, semi-private lessons will be offered at higher rate. If there is limited interest in group lessons, NV Pools may opt to cancel a session. Current season rates for group, semi-private and private lessons offered through NV Pools will be posted at the front desk.
Private individual lessons are available through NV Pools and Swim Team staff. The list of individuals (here) are available to provide lessons at the pool and should be contacted directly. There can be different rates charged for private lessons offered by the varying by instructor and should be negotiated prior to the start of lessons.
Adult swim lessons are provided by a certified instructor. Classes are limited to 1-2 participants. Please use this form to sign-up.
Morning Lap Swim
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE: Any current or former member of the pool. This is an adults-only program; you must be 18 years or older to participate. All skill levels welcome.
- DATES/TIMES: Program runs for 10 weeks, June 15 – August 21, 2020. It is scheduled on Monday, Wednesday & Friday from 6:00-8:00 AM.
- INSTRUCTORS: Ellie Monnig
- COORDINATOR: Ashley Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- FORMAT: Swimmers typically divide themselves by ability and level of instruction desired. Workouts are provided for beginners, intermediate and advanced swimmers, but you can also do your own workout/swim independent of the group. The instructor is available to help improve your stroke and/or technique. There is also pool space available for people who prefer to walk in the water for exercise.
- REGISTRATION: Please sign up via your pool membership account here.
- PAYMENT: Please bring a check with you, payable to “MWRA”, to the first session you attend OR You may pay by credit/debit card (please advise coordinator, and there is a 2.5% processing fee). Cost is $100/swimmer.
- EQUIPMENT: The pool will provide kick boards, pool buoys and a pace clock. Don’t forget your swim goggles, swim cap, towel & water bottle.
- INCLEMENT WEATHER:In the event that we need to close the pool for thunder, lightning, etc we will notify you by the email you provided at registration.
We are searching for an instructor for this program. Interested instructors should contact the Lap Swim Coordinator.